One day shepherds were minding their own business tending their flocks when an angel appeared out of nowhere. What the heck? How often does that happen? No wonder they were afraid. I know I would be. But they received a message about the joy of Jesus being born. “A Heart Prepared: Savor the Story of Christmas Advent Legacy Journal” shows Jesus came as God in flesh to die a horrible death to give us eternal joy and life with Him. Jesus arrival was in a time when the Hebrews were waiting for the Messiah to rescue them from their political strife. His arrival however had a deeper eternal purpose.
And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. (Luke 2:8-11)
God enabled my appearance on this earth to happen on a Wednesday, March 7, 1956. Here are a few events in 1956:
- United States 1956 Federal-Aid Highway Act was signed to enable 41,000 miles of interstate highways to be built.
- Elvis Presley appeared on Ed Sullivan show singing his first single “Heartbreak Hotel”.
- Fidel Castro landed in Cuba.
- Egypt Suez Canal Crisis.
- The first computer hard drive was created with 5MB data and weighed one ton.
- “As the World Turns” series started.
- “My Fair Lady” opened on Broadway.
- Grace Kelly marries Prince Rainier.
Some of these events have effected me over the years. My favorite form of travel is driving miles on the interstate. Music of all kinds make me dance the night away, still. Attending plays is fascinating. I grew up watching soap operas; thank goodness I don’t any more. Working with computer software programs is fun. What joy God has given me in placing me in 1956. But the best joy is having him as my Lord and Savior.
Juel A. Fitzgerald has a degree in English and is a Toastmaster trained public speaker, loves to travel, and walk long distances with friends. She writes in four blogs and is the author of “Lives of a Gem! God’s Treasured Possession”, “Bible Trek: Reading the Bible in Thirteen Weeks”, and “The Twelve: Fishers of Men”.
These are her four blogs:
- Heart Emissions – weekly spiritual devotionals.
- Juel’s Travel Beacon – travel information and tips.
- Walking For God Challenge – one year blog to raise funds for HOPE worldwide.
- Writer’s Blog – writer’s journey, news and other information
Photo by Markus Spiske on Pexels.com
©2020-2021 Juel’s Creations, LLC